Cavity wall construction

Geez.... You'd argue the hind legs off of a donkey. Even together, they are less than half the size of Morrisons. In fact, Aldi have been losing market share to Tesco.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yep, unless you go for one with an SLA, but of course you pay for that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

How do you know?

Speak for your own wife.

Why do assume that "working class" equates to low income and a desire to buy cheap food?

We don't in the sense that it was understood when the term was first used.

They are people in the south London sink estates. Nothing more and certainly nothing less.

Absolutely. Look at the share price and look at the car park of most Safeway stores. The stores are practically empty because of the assumption that everybody wanted the same product profile regardless of location.

Not really because the petty snobbery as you put it only exists in your mind.

That's simple rejection of crap and exercise of customer choice.

have you been to GUM lately?

Reply to
Andy Hall

From the Daily Worker Dictionary presumably. I am surprised it doesn't mention "the struggle".

Reply to
Andy Hall

Likewise, although more for the processed carbohydrate content. Although one can select to some extent, choices are between inappropriate and other inappropriate things that I would perhaps like to buy but can make better anyway.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Go in at 8:00 a.m.

No I just look and count. Classist, from a Little Middle Englander? You actually tell yourself lies and believe them.

Wrong. I reached 10/10.

Because Aldi doesn't have them in directional lighting you don't go for their great value and quality then. Gosh.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I went down the council estate and asked them and they said only posh people like you drink wine.

Do you mean most wives in Tesco don't look around?

The desire to buy cheap goods is because they don't have lots of money. Duh!

It is the same, only smaller and they don't wear cloth caps.

They are working class. Unless teh Queen has moved into Peckham

They have spent a fortune acquiring all the Safeway stores and still have not converted them all to Morrisons.

The old Safeway now Morrisons which is closest to me is always packed solid. The wines section is the by far the best value of any outlet, in quality and price.

You know nothing of British society, being what you are makes it worse.

Strange in that many others don't take your petty snobbery viewpoint here.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

From the Cambridge, snotty uni dictionary.

It is still going on. 0.66% of the population, mainly aristocrats, own 70% of the land, backed up by Draconian planning laws to create an artificial land shortage ramping up house prices to the point it is crippling the country. There is a class war that has not yet been won. You're too naive to see it.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I have. On a couple of weekday mornings where I would expect the place to have trade people around, it was empty. There were more in B&Q at the same time or earlier.

I didn't find value or quality, and the place was a PITA at the checkout. It doesn't offer me anything that I want, so why would I want to go there?

Reply to
Andy Hall

That should empty most of the rest of them.

You must live in a pretty dire place if that is the best of the bunch be it on price or quality.

An individual? I think that that makes things better as well as making it hard for those like you who would seek to categorise people.

That's because there isn't any petty snobbery on my part. It's purely on yours and inverted.

Reply to
Andy Hall

ROTFLMAO.

Track 2 plays again.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh the delights of those funny coloured tubes on the Tesco meat counter...

they really do improve the taste. ;-)

Reply to
dennis

Is Safeway still the only supermarket on The Kings Road?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Now Mossisons.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

It must a good talking point at the dinner party. Oh the meat you are eating was bout under a blue light.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

You don't believe those facts. ROTFLMAO

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Every major supermarket, is within reach. Morrison beat the rest on price, inc Tesco. The best for fruit is Sainsbury's; wine Morrisons. All the rest is much the same thing they all sell.

You are incapable of individual thought being Little Middle England clone.

You do categorise yourself.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Stop making things up.

Petty snobbery.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

If you can find what you want.

That's variable and depends on the fruit and the time of year. Most of them are selling forced produce from Spain which is largely flavourless.

You buy wine? What an admission. This means that you are either (shock, horror) "middle class" as you put it, or that your contention that the "working class" don't buy wine isn't true. I wonder which it is. I think you're a front for an armchair aristocrat.

You'd be surprised.

Nope. I'm unique. As is everybody else.

Categorise that......

Reply to
Andy Hall

You've obviously not seen what Morrisons try to pass off as wine since they took over Safeway. We used to get most of ours at Safeway but what they stock now is right up IMM's street.

Reply to
Mike