Cats

Have you investigated what exactly is the problem item. I often find it is a dental or other issue of the cat and a trip to the vets can often restore normal service, except for your wallet. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Are you sure it's not eating royally at some other house?

Reply to
Dave W

I'll second that.

We took our old cat to the vet to have her teeth cleaned because she wasn't eating.

Came back (with tin of high energy recovery food) and she told her brother she would rip his f****ng head off if he didn't get out of the room immediately before wolfing the lot down. Didn't stop eating more or less continuously for a while.

Some time later we had her brother off to the vet for a tooth clean and he seemed to drop about 10 years. Taking his coat off to passing dogs and all sorts.

So, yes, lack of appetite may not be due to a fussy eater but due to a painful mouth.

Best to have the cat given the once over by the vet. Poor thing may be starving.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

it's diarrhoea, easily remembered using reverse phonetics

I never use spell chequers. They're lousy from what I've seen. I remember one bloke that had no idea how to spell producing a document crammed with errors, but he was convinced it was right as his spill chucker said sew.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Isn't a spell checker what a conjuror or sorceror might use? And what attempts to fix what it deems as mistakes in your typing is a spelling checker.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

eye thwart it wars ah speil chequer. Bout watt dough eye no. Aye nivea yews thumb.

I did once get a phone that came with spell correction defaulted on. Technical stuff kept getting 'corrected' to some moronic meme or other. I wanted to strangle it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Just accept that you are the cat's servant and give it what it wants. Life will be easier all round.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Now but not in the beginning and these habits were the same for two months when it was kept in. The neighbors feed their cat stuff it wont eat and it does not seem to eat what it catches.

Reply to
FMurtz

No, not medical just pig headedness. It does have problems Something happened to it when it was a kitten it has some spinal and or brain problem, it walks funny and can not jump (good as it stops it getting on tables etc)but it is not in pain

Reply to
FMurtz

the cat is not old and has spent 6 days being fussed over at the vets by the resident cat lady(my son is a vet)so no health problems having a bearing on eating.

Reply to
FMurtz

Highly unlikely, it spends all day meowing at me for food when I put out something it wont eat, If it were eating away it would be lazing and sleeping like it does after a feed it likes

Reply to
FMurtz

Except that it has expensive tastes and it should have variety

Reply to
FMurtz

Even with spell checkers you are meant to use your brain too.

I was typing an email asking someone about cmyk and it translated it to mykonos.

Reply to
whisky-dave

and users more often than not don't. Also, if you can't spell, how wood yew no the rung spelling ease being used? Typically users don't.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well I could read the above I used my brain what;s yuor excuse.

Because peole that can;t spell are actually more inteligent.

I bet being a thicko yuo didn;t notice cambridge mispelt.

Obviously some haven't human brains so tll me what sort of brain if any you have.

If you watch the programme "only connect" you'll see rounds where they actually miss the vowels out and clever people can still get the answers, but I suppose you prefer family fortunes where this are much simplier.

and how do you think people worked out Egyptian hieroglyphics ? Just becuse something isnlt in Oxford english it doens;t mean it can;t be read by inteligent people the thickos of course have no idea.

which group do you belong too ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

funny