Cat flaps that work with ID microchips chips

Mains for full functionality, but can be battery. If you have mains, the battery acts as backup. In that case, the cat has to nudge the door to activate the reader.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Battery, they are very good.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Cats donlt have owners dogs do, cats have staff. ;-)

According to cats wherever they deficate is their property. It;s a humn concept that you can own such a place using money or whatever. Do you really expect an aminal to understand such human behaviour. Even humans don't really understand it and that's where you get crime, laws and solicitors. Perhaps yuo can explain why your innocence or guilt can depend on how much you pay for a solicitor. Once yuo';ve explained it to me try it with a cat.

You own a dog you should be able to control it that is the law, like kids. Horses were always allowed to shit where they like. Dogs need leads partly because of how dangerous they are, cats rarely do significant damge to humans or other animals compared to dogs. Maybe thats why fox hunters use dogs and not cats.

Of course I have and I know about it, I've read about it's life cycle fascinating 'bug' and has a form of transmitted inteligence, but it doesn't kill humans. Dogs get all sorts of worms and when they shit in a field if a child should get it in their eyes they could go blind or worse.

Why can't the police control a cat then like they can dogs, you expect a 'nornmal' person to control a cats behavior ?

What if they wanted an animal to eat it;s own shit and like your face. Only dogs do that. Cats don't normmaly eat shit.

But there is they use the same method as humans when looking at something or someone cats don't, dogs are the only known animal to do this the same way as humans.

... If they experience brain

Yes I know this is what makes them more like humans having lived with humans and shared lives with humans for 10k + years.

Most animals with fur do, and girafes use their tongue to clean theire ears and nose no other animal can do that.

they probbbaly have as they are more like humans than even dogs, but cats aren;t like dogs, you need to understand the differnce. Itls rather like trying to train an elephant to fly.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Specsaver advert solution ?

Reply to
Andrew

Both cats are trained to play fetch.

Reply to
ARW

bleeping has nothing to do with it

whoosh

whoosh

don't think I've ever encountered a human trained to use a catflap

whoosh. As ever.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Missed the point as usual. The noise is from the motor winding the latch in and out. Our cats soon got used to it though.

Missed the point again. I didn't buy a Pet Porte because at the time it only denied access *in one direction* - in. I wanted to control the cats going out, too. They gave some meaky mouthed reply that an add-on would be available soon - but were unwilling to give a time frame. Then I discovered that the company was being run by someone who didn't have a good reputation in another newsgroup - although I think it changed hands in the end.

Reply to
Bob Eager

yes it has that's why they included the ability to silence the bleep RTFM

that was the cat using the flap in any direction.

you seem to have a problem with things going over yuor head.

You obviously don't know anything about them, so yuo in particualkr would need to kn ow how to set them up.

4 Access Settings: Four independent models to lock with switches- swing out only, in only, both in and out, and fully locked, easy control of your pet's in and out

see you have no idea how to use them, what a f****it yuo are, yuo can;t even read instructions.

you seem to have some serve problem, get profesional help.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Most cats do, that is the point, and they don;t make that much noise either well mine didn't, but ti did jost more than a ratners ear ring I must admit.

Really when was that, my one I got 10 years did.

Well there wasn;t much call for them at the time stonehenge was built. But now yuo can get that option, and I had it on even my first Uchip cat flap which was the pet porte.

No shit sherlock. Which milenoium are we now in ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Our Sureflap just makes a small click as the latch is triggered but then so did the magnetically operated one we had at our previous house.

We now no longer have problems with rusty nails and screws being brought in on the magnet!

Reply to
Terry Casey

No problems with our Sureflap in a uPVC door. Surely, any metal will be a long way away from the flap and, as the sensor is in the entry port, the chip is extremely close to it.

Reply to
Terry Casey

Ours is battery operated but it gives a low battery warning in plenty of time so that you can change it while the flap is still working properly.

Reply to
Terry Casey

There is steel reinforcing in the door stiles and rails. I had a lengthy email exchange with the folks at Sureflap (who were very helpful and had seen the problem before), they told me how to put the flap into an undocumented mode that has higher battery consumption but which reduced the severity of the problem. We now have a wooden door and the flap works perfectly. BTW, this was a flap that had control in each direction.

Reply to
nothanks

nope, it has nothing to do with the issue whatever. The issue is the unlocking mechanism's noise

whatever that means

no I don't

bzzt

I don't need to, cos I don't use an electronic one.

those are the options for non-chip ones. Not the most relevant here. And fwiw not all flaps have those 4 options, some only have 2.

I've been using catflaps for a long old time now

I don't recall ever having had trouble doing that. Oh yes I do - I got instructions all in Chinese once. I can't read chinese.

I have no problems with serving thanks. But you clearly have problems with facts, basic logic, keeping it relevant, not being childish etc.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Me niether and that disapointed me. I didn't realise the doors was just some cheap insulation materail that could be cut quiet easily with a hacksaw there was no supporting metal at all.

Reply to
whisky-dave

if you buy cheap shit what do you expect ?

you get a flop-flop sound as the door closes. My cat was used to this sound from my previous standard cheap shit catflap.

So how comes you don't know about the mecanical noise a flap or even a door makes ? before I had a cat flap my cat used the sound of the opening door and used to come running in from the garden. Most cats also know the sound of a fridge door opening and the sound of their biscuits.

yuo don;t know they make a mechanical noise, you claim the buzzer can;t be tunred off and yuo don;t know how to set them up for differnt types of entry, you can with some set a timer too.

So stop talking about things you know nothing about.

my one always had 4 options 10 years ago. On the instructions they even give reasons for selecting some options. Such as yuo want to let your cat in put don't want it to go out because they have a vets appointment.

Me too, with evidence.

that's your problem you didn't set it up right, because yuo couldn;t understand the instructions. Did you actually connect it up to a power sourse or couldn't you read that part of the instructions ?

I've show you facts and there;'s endless vidoes out there that prove falps in general work, perhaps you're using it wrongly.

Get a chinese translator, if it were me I'd get one of my dozen+ students to help me. One of them bought me a box of M&S chocloates last week after I helped them.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I fail to see any relevance

and?

wrong again

how do you come up with these idiot conclusions? It certainly isn't by using logic, reason or any of those other sense based things.

I know of the shortcomings of electronic catflaps from listening to a bunch of owners of them. It's very very simple stuff.

and?

and?

which part of I don't have a electronic catflap did not sink in last time round?

tried and failed

do we really need to watch a vid to demonstrate the utterly obvious that catflaps generally work? Is that really where you're at?

I use my catflaps just fine thanks

Whatever for? The tat that came with chinese instrctions never worked, was disposed of years ago and has no relevance whatsoever to electonic catflaps. But hey, apart from that...

you need it.

Reply to
tabbypurr

No suprise there, but cheap plastic cogs that lake proper oil or construction tend to make more noise than a finely tuned set. Basic engineering.

Same sound was heard when I went from a non chipped flap to a chipped flap in fact the chipped verion waas quieter because it had a sort of damping mechanism.

Because I've had 4 cat flaps. None have caused the problems you seem to have.

yes it is and it still depends on the cat and the flap purchased. Same as any other product. I've heard loads of problems with PCs over the years so I have a Mac.

a £15 cat flap is differnt from a £100 version.

It;s like fools gold some can't tell the differnce, others can, even cats.

So why do you have problems.

you claim to know all about them or do you only read reviews

I tried the same with a block of wood and got teh same response I wonder why that was.

seems so.

really.

"> which part of I don't have a electronic catflap did not sink in last time round?"

So they can translate the instructions for you.

there's a suprise.

So why compare it then ?.

Reply to
whisky-dave
<snip>

I think the main answer is in the first part of your question and anything left over is covered in the rest. ;-)

Once you get that, any other dealings is like wrestling with a pig. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Are you cats that pampered that they need a mechanical doorman to open the flap for them?

Both the current electronoc flap and the previous magnetic flap simply have a latch which releases to allow the cat to push the flap open. One click is all they - and you - hear.

Terry

Reply to
Terry Casey