cat deterrents (DIY)

Mine has about a 30 degree spray, so is best placed near a wall.

I wonder if these are covered by the imminent hosepipe ban?

Reply to
Reentrant

Actually it IS.

That's the stupidity of the law in many areas.

If some person comes into your garden and drowns in your pool or cuts themselves on your razor wire fence IS your fault,.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why?

And that is difficult on a first fix as most sockets and switches are attatched to the wall:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Even with steel toe capped boot on?-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It is not illegal to grow plants that kill cats in your garden.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That is the same myth as clearing snow is wrong. You only have to take reasonable precautions, having a fence with a locked gate is enough.

Reply to
dennis

Your first sentence turns out to be incorrect.

The kind of shit left by domestic pests (err... I mean pets) is a severe problem in some nature reserves etc. where that left by the local sheep and cattle is no problem at all. Different bugs eat it.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Cows have been known to lean on the wall for a rest.

Yup.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Aye or simply just move a bit close 1/2 a tonne of cow isn't going to notice a human trapped and rolled like a bit of plastercine between it and the wall...

B-) Shoo the cow out...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's not unknown for steel toe caps to be pushed through the bottom of the boot and into the ground neatly shearing off the toes inside.

Not likely inside and hard floor though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Horses... Now they're wise and clever (sometimes) and I used to work at the local stables when I wuz a lad... Some of the old nags would stand on the kiddies feet - seemingly just enough to trap them - and of-course when the little kiddie tried to push the horse off, said horse would just lean over a bit harder and much wailing would ensue ;-)

Some of the old nags would turn their heads round and bite the kiddies bum when getting on them too (until they leanred to hold the reins when getting on!) ... Funny old things, horses...

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

I did eventually. After it had knocked the ladders over.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Suitable for pulling carts and feeding Frenchmen.

Dogfood that runs about.

Awful things.

Reply to
Huge

I did have steak tonight:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Feeding prats and pulling frenchwomen.

That's no way to talk about chavettes..

Well yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So that is why I thought it was an apprentice.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thank you for that free legal advice - and to think that last time I sought legal opinion from someone who was actually qualified to give it, it took four weeks to arrive and cost me £600.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Hello,

Yes, I've seen recommendations for this on the internet but like all the smelly approaches, the smell evaporates or is washed away by the rain, so you have to keep applying it, which is expensive in the long run. That's why I thought the ultrasonic or water approaches might be better long term.

I only half understand the theory behind silent roar. I realise lions are predators but surely not of cats? I wouldn't have thought the two would have ever met in the wild for the one to know what the other smells like.

Reply to
Stephen

voltage PIR: one from a burglar alarm.

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

The only thing that one of the damn moggies is scared of is the water pistol itself. If I run at it, shouting then it doesn't move until I am almost touching it. OTOH if I pick up the water pistol it scarpers quickly, although I normally manage to soak it before it escapes completely.

Reply to
Mark