CAT 5e

Sorry for the basic question but what is recommended to be the smallest advisable radius for 'fixed' cabling and also what is the advised separation distance between VHF/UHF and Sat Co-axel ?

I keep getting conflicting advise, is there a definitive answer......

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Minimum static bend radius for Cat5e solid is 40mm.

The leakage from Sat/TV Coax is so small at normal operating frequencies that no forced separation is required.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Bodgers

That assumes you are talking CT100 grade co-ax. The leakage from many so called "low-loss" co-ax cables can be significant.

Overview:

detail:

John Rumm

which is driven and received by a balanced device. In other words any interference picked up on the cores should be cancelled at the cable's termination device. I run two CAT 5 cables a distance of some 7 metres tied together with the feed from my satellite dish (admittedly CT-100) and there's no problem.

In any case you should always use CT-100, not just for satellite dishes, but also good practice for TV and FM aerial downleads.

Reply to
Mark Carver

Yup realise that ;-)

I think that was the point I was making. Much better for DTTV as well which is more succeptable to impulse noise.

Reply to
John Rumm