Cars without spare wheels

Fark, I'd have ditched a car that needed that obscenity.

Reply to
Rod Speed

When ordering some new cars, the standard now is to give ye an inflator, not a spare wheel.

I was at a Skoda dealer showroom the other day and overheard a salesperson quote a customer £250 for the (space saver) wheel and the other support gubbins.

Come to think of it, Since I've driven a few hundred on mine, I ought to find a new one.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Some of the smaller Ford models e.g Fiesta had the spare in a cradle under the boot floor, unfortunately it became a target for theft as I found out to my cost.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

AIUI Teslas have two boots, one at each end. Comes of not having a damn great IC engine...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

In practice, the motor/s, batteries and ancillaries tend to make up for not having an engine in terms of space.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The Telsa3 seems to have a decent hatchback, but the frunk might make a useful foot spa.

Reply to
Andy Burns

wagga wagga isn't stupid enough to allow cars on the road without a spare wheel....neither should we

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

what is a frunk?

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

a froot ? ...

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Yes. Mine is a Zafira and Vauxhall brought out a security device for the spare wheel.

Reply to
SteveW

A horrible Amercanisation - Front Trunk.

Reply to
SteveW

Then let's not use it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Would you prefer froot? I’m happy to call mine a frunk.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

jim.gm4dhj snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote

Wrong, as always. Plenty of current cars don't have one.

Is that the wee running down your leg again ?

Reply to
Rod Speed

A trunk at the front, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

We don't need that kind of sexual innuendo here.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Caravans may be thing of the past with EVs. :)

Half (or less) the range per charge towing a van. Charging points only designed for cars disconnected from the van so a recharge on route is going to be a complete PITA.

Reply to
alan_m

A froot?

Reply to