carrying a saw in your car?

Umm, Harry... 101 is the Police NON-emergency number.

So why waste the phone call?

Well, quite.

Reply to
Adrian

In Winter, if we have a long sunles speriod or lots of wind, I have a small woodstove which Ilight for a couple of hours in the evening. Heats th whole house.

Reply to
harryagain

I'd imagine they would let a person who is knowledgeable do the sawing, but not joe public unless it was reasonably safe. I'm just surprised, given the current mindset of police that they did not then arrrest him for having a weapon in his vhicle. I guess some have common sense. I tend to carry a small screwdriver with me, and once I was stopped and when they found it had to call base to find out if it could be an offensive weapon. I mean who is going to stab somebody with a jewelers screwdriver with a plastic handle. It has come in useful for all sorts of things like tightening up knobs and making small holes in wood in the past. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

On 17/05/2015 09:25, harryagain wrote: ...

Do you have permission from the land owners to collect firewood from their land? Did you have permission from the owner of the land it had been growing on to remove the fallen tree? If the answer to either or both is no, you have just admitted to going equipped to steal and/or theft.

Reply to
Nightjar