carpets

Not if you put a pondliner between the carpet and the underlay.

And put a prohibition in the lease against spikey speaker stands.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It might. But I've had a similar experience with a tenanted property which reeked of cat pee; after I'd binned the carpet and left the underlay, the smell almost completely disappeared (ie only a tiny amount, if any, must have got through to the underlay) and by the time a new carpet was laid on top, it had vanished completely.

Might have been different if the tenant had kept a St Bernard, I suppose!

David

Reply to
Lobster