Carpet underlay which way up?

I've put down underlay before and I've taken up plenty of dog-stained stuff which previous owners have left behind. I now want to put some new underlay down and somehow my brain's got scrambled. Please unscramble my brain and tell me - flat side up or ridged rubber side up?

Festive cheers

Reply to
mickael

flat side up

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

Replace any dodgy (wobbly) floorboards now. Otherwise in (admittedly) several years you will find the curved one will end up causing a wear ridge in your carpet, especially if high wool.

Remember that telephone cable you ran between the floorboards? Don't Do That :-) (note to self :-)

Reply to
Dorothy Bradbury