Underlay - which side up?

Got some underlay - its green and the rubbery type.

Which side up do I put it - read conflicting reports on the net - I am guessing flat side up?

Cheers!

Reply to
mo

That's right.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Any green rubbery type I have had had "This side up" printed all over it to avoid any confusion.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Assumes ability to read!

Reply to
Phil

I'd of thought the rubber side up due to... if it was rubber side down the rubber would start breaking up under traffic use, considering she has uneven floorboards.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

she? you been watching too much Eastenders...

I would have said flat side up, incase you can feel the rubber through the carpet...

Reply to
mo

Mine has always been professionally fitted - green side down - onto paper.

Reply to
john

In message , mo writes

I would have said rubber side up, and am sure that whenever I have removed carpets this is what I have found.

Can you tell what make it is and ask the manufacturers, or they may have some advice on a web site.

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

In message , mo writes

Looks like I'm wrong - see

top surface - crepe paper bottom surface - rubber waffle

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

Thought so.

This your hosting as there is no such site as www.underlay

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Has IMM has morphed again?

Information:-

Top Surface Printed Stitch Bonded Crepe Paper Bottom Surface Waffle Sponge Rubber

Reply to
Peter Parry

Not sure what you mean? It's a pdf I found on Ball & Youngs' web site, which I found by searching for carpet underlay on Google.

Ah! See what you mean - but from Google it takes you to

Richard Faulkner

There is, its a mexican site

Reply to
Richard Conway