Carpenters Bench & Vice

the 5th is coming up in a couple of weeks.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

>================The vice alone is probably worth more than the current bid. Minor repair to the bottom rail and / or shelf wouldn't cost much. The only snag is the delivery cost if you're a considerable distance away from the seller.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

If you need a bench and if the vice is OK this could worth having. It was obviously well made and solid originally. You might be able to turn the top pieces. I'd make the well lower - to depth of tea mug or jack plane on it's side. The right hand frame looks a bit decrepit - damp has expanded the boards and might have forced the tenons out of the mortices - could be put back if not broken. =A320 if you live near enough? cheers Jacob

Reply to
jacob