Careful with that axe, no, glue Eugene

The forever ponytail: woman shares ordeal after using Gorilla Glue on her hair

Tessica Brown has gained a captive audience on TikTok and Instagram after mistakenly using super-strength adhesive on her hair

polygonum_on_google

Need to change the labeling to be clear that the name is not the application.

Ain't nobody got time for that...

Reply to
Richard

Apparently she couldn't tolerate the acetone, so the emergency didn't have anything else to try.

The problem with this could be, how well the glue holds to scalp. This could be more serious than a year of hair growth. Even if her hair starts to grow right now, the glue is holding to the scalp, and she is going to have to resolve this somehow and soon.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

And even though people have chucked her $17k via goFundMe, she's thinking of suing because "the label warns against using it on eyes, skin or clothing, there is no mention of hair" ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Would she have had this problem if her parents had named her Jessica instead?

Is the excessive or inappropriate use of hair product correlated to overly-inventive children's names?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

So she goes home and a friend uses "goof off" which contains ... 60 to

100% acetone. I'd try the other two solvents listed in the glue itself, methyl acetate and cyclohexane.
Reply to
Andy Burns

Though new scalp skin cells will be growing through - I'd have expected a month at most. (Just guessing about time.)

Polyurethane deteriorates markedly under UV light. If she could achieve that without causing sunburn, I think it would fall apart in a few days.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Reading the article, according to 'Chance the Rapper' she also put it in her shit....

IGMC

Reply to
Bev

I?m sure it?s an easy mistake to make. I mean, all women keep a can of spray on Gorilla glue on their dressing tables don?t they?

It kinda begs the question, what does she normally use Gorilla glue for? Perhaps it?s one of those mysteries about women that men neither need or want to know. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I notice that the product she normally uses is 'Got2Be'. A container of that is a very similar size (but not colour) to the Gorilla Glue spray.

But - this is the killer - the Got2Be container has on it, in large block capitals, the single word GLUE.

Reply to
Bob Eager

You've got me stuck there.....

perhaps she needs a trip to specsavers?

blasting FREEZE SPRAY

Reply to
Andy Burns

Oh dear, probably not a good look, I'm guessing. However, many people will try anything once. I often wonder about Hollywood stunts with axes. In the Tomb Raider movie she uses an axe to her get a grip on the edge of the opposite side of a gap too wide to jump. I often thought that under such conditions, either the grip would slip or the head of the axe would come off. I do hope this person did not see glued hair in the films, since most of the stunts are unlikely to succeed in real life but work on the movie!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I'd worry more about bars that feature axe throwing ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I couldn't be arsed to walk 8 metres to the bathroom to check!

Reply to
Bob Eager