Caravans

Just looking at the caravans and motorhomes up my road and all have extension leads from the house into the 'van. I presume this is to charge a battery. Are they being a bit anal? Couldn't they just do it occasionally? Is there a reason why they need to drape a flex from their windows out to the 'van?

Reply to
John

"John" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It'll be on a trickle-charger/conditioner. Keeps it ready to rock at all times, without overcharging or letting the battery go flat, either of which will reduce the battery's life expectancy.

On our occasionally-used cars, I just pull the earth lead when it's not in use. Seems to do the job quite nicely...

Reply to
Adrian

John,

There are several reasons for this, and if you pop over to uk.rec.motorcaravans they will give you all the answers.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

can be. like getting the rather pathetic fridges down to temperature that the gas or 12v supply can almost maintain.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Keeps the battery charged and keeps the fridge cold, so you don't have to clean the fridge/wait for it to cool before each trip.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Hmmmm.

Don't get me started on caravan owners....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Hmm! P'ing off cyclists and now being aggressive to those so considerate caravan users. What did you eat tonight? :)

Reply to
Clot

That reminds me of the time I was towing my caravan and thr driver behind was getting grumpy at my speed

He overtook where he really should not have done and nearly hit the overloaded builders van in front of me that had been holding me up for miles

I suppose you could argue that it was still my fault as he couldn't see past me however

don't get me started on tradesmans vehicles

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Well don't get me started on those who profess to be professionals and really know sod-all. Rather like you eh...

BTW, have you managed to discover the difference between the Health and Safety Executive and the Trading Standards Department yet?

Reply to
Unbeliever

On Jun 27, 9:50=A0am, "The Medway Handyman"

He is probably considering the various reasons you may have had to post on the thread.

I'm wondering why he risked getting replies from idiots when all he had to do is go and ask the neighbours.

Maybe he likes annoying people like you?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer