Car Windcreen

On 10/07/2018 22:12, Jeff wrote:

No I wasn't, that's why I followed the sentence with a smily.
But you never know what daft ideas will come out of the EU (Germany) next. Banning high power AV amps perhaps ?, or maybe TV's that use more than 60 watts ?. At least they won't ban burning coal because they are building a few new brown-coal fired power stations for themselves.

Just carry on reading the Express. They'll soon invent a few more to get their readers foaming at the mouth.
--
*You can't have everything, where would you put it?*

Never ever look at it. All the things that the EU have banned have been reported in all the papers at some point,..
Almost any garden chemical of any use Powerful vacs Creosote Methylene Chloride paint stripper Paint that actually protects properly Light bulbs Vapona strips and many other domestic treatments Coal (exemptions for Germany)
and they are determined to ban glyphosate at some point (but Bayer have a much more expensive on-patent replacement).
On 18/07/2018 21:56, Andrew wrote:

Not true,

Not true

Not true but it should be

Maybe.

not true

not true

for good reasons

not true

See brexiteers lie.
On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 23:06:52 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

And you're a feckin' eejit.
On 19/07/2018 18:29, Cursitor Doom wrote:

So you think anyone that tells the truth is an eejit, typical brexshiteer. Why don't you find a group where you know enough to contribute something useful?

What chemicals do you use in a garden?

You've bought a vac under the new regs which isn't up to it? Care to name and shame?

Pretty nasty stuff.

Only from DIY products.

Which one would that be? Lead paint? Banned here before the EU existed.

They've been banned have they?

You seem to want to poison yourself. Fairy nuff, but others might not.

Can you give some details about coal being banned?

Ah - that would be one of the chemicals you use in a garden?

I'd have thought it easy for a rabid Brexiteer to come up with some really daft EU regs. All you've managed to say is you want any dangerous chemical to be freely available and don't care how much you spend on wasting energy. And that you're not old enough to remember the evil smogs cause by burning coal.
1/10. Must try harder.
--
*The average person falls asleep in seven minutes *

On 18/07/2018 21:56, Andrew wrote:

When you say 'they banned' you presumably mean 'we' - the UK was involved in the decision. And good riddance to most of the stuff you list, I'd have thought (although Lidl were selling a 1500W vacuum the other day).
I was in Germany recently and signs on the hotel breakfast toasters warned against browning - carcinogenic apparently. They were set to produce slightly warm bread. It'd amuse me no end to see 'our' EU legislate for that :-)
--
Cheers, Rob

On 19/07/2018 23:43, RJH wrote:

That's because its all brexiteer lies and they haven't actually banned any of the stuff. Except the Vapona fly killers maybe.
As you have seen you can still buy 1500w vacs because they haven't been banned. However domestic vacs are limited in power. Workshop vacs are not.
These brexiteers actually believe that if they keep trotting out the same old lies that everyone will think they are true.
I wish they would just tell us the real reason they want to leave so we can make a judgement on fact rather than that they lie.

On 20/07/2018 09:36, dennis@home wrote:

They want POWER! Without the control of the EU.
Well that's the 0.00005% that actually form policy and "run" the country from Whitehall.
The minions just fell for it hook line and sinker just like the people of Turkey.

Must explain why they are remainers.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I remember being on a camp site in Eguisheim, France, a long time ago. The village was a delightful throwback to an earlier age.
I noticed that the locals appeared to pull up by a water fountain in a square and drop in a bucket to wash their cars.
https://goo.gl/maps/Tbm6E4MC4vj
As it was a very hot dry period, my car had become pretty dirty, so I decided to follow suit. As I had a Renault at the time, it even looked the part.
Locals didn't even give me second glance, though tourists off a bus that arrived nearby seemed a bit more interested.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

Still not true.
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 45th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3184
~ Stercus accidit ~
On 10/07/2018 19:44, Huge wrote:

boring
On 10/07/2018 16:58, MrCheerful wrote:

The 'Pub Landlord' made this statement on a recent program where he drove around. Germany accompanied by a local journo. The approved car wash facility he went through was very impressive.
He drove a Merc 'grosser' and a hot rod VW round Nurburgring

Really? Care to give proof of that? Or is it just the usual half truth dressed up in Express terms?

Good to see Brexiteers are still lying about the EU.
--
*A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Dave Plowman wrote:

There seems to be some basis for the claim
<http://www.jpoc.net/countries/germany/driving.html
On 10/07/2018 18:08, Andy Burns wrote:

Sounds like a good idea if the pollution is getting into rivers. Not really any different to the laws in the uk that ban you from plumbing toilets and sinks into the rain water system.
dennis@home wrote:

A bit of soap? Boo-hoo, let's ban kids from blowing bubbles in the street.

No there isn't.
You just have to go to the place set aside, where you may wash your car to your heart's content.