Car Windcreen

Good God, if people are going to be that pedantic it really is stupid. This is England, washing your own car means washing it at home, not at some farcical aquatically contained area that is government approved.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Well it was just a brexiteer making stuff up and lying. Nothing new there.

Reply to
dennis

Sounds like a good idea if the pollution is getting into rivers. Not really any different to the laws in the uk that ban you from plumbing toilets and sinks into the rain water system.

Reply to
dennis

Still not true.

Reply to
Huge

Ah, yes, "pedantic". A word used by people who have just shown to be wrong.

Reply to
Huge

No there isn't.

You just have to go to the place set aside, where you may wash your car to your heart's content.

Reply to
Huge

A bit of soap? Boo-hoo, let's ban kids from blowing bubbles in the street.

Reply to
Andy Burns

More accurately you are free to wash your own car, but it has to be done in a designated place and you have to pay to wash your own car there.

Reply to
Jeff

But what you do is illegal in Germany.

Reply to
Jeff

Astonishingly, he isn't in Germany.

Reply to
Huge

boring

Reply to
MrCheerful

Andrew was clearly claiming that there would be an EU directive on that soon.

Reply to
Jeff

Yeah, well that was Brexitard bollocks, too.

Reply to
Huge

At what point does cleaning the windows become serious enough to be banned whilst on the road?

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

I remember being on a camp site in Eguisheim, France, a long time ago. The village was a delightful throwback to an earlier age.

I noticed that the locals appeared to pull up by a water fountain in a square and drop in a bucket to wash their cars.

As it was a very hot dry period, my car had become pretty dirty, so I decided to follow suit. As I had a Renault at the time, it even looked the part.

Locals didn't even give me second glance, though tourists off a bus that arrived nearby seemed a bit more interested.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Yep, take heed of the clean screen before applying and the applying is more than just a quick wipe over as well. Takes several hours to do well and is quite hard work with the apllication and buffing etc.

The only slight niggle are the micro beads left by the wipers, particularly when the coating is new. Very much like smearing but unlike smearing they disappear in a second or two. Once it's aged a bit ISTR that this no longer happens, but you still get the beading and water blowing off the screen at > 40 mph or so.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Several hours? Are you applying it to a bus?

Reply to
Ramsman

No he was claiming it was illegal to wash your own car and that it would also be illegal here soon.

We use English here rod not whatever aussies use.

Reply to
dennis

Yes he did.

Reply to