Car Windcreen

On 10/07/2018 19:52, Huge wrote:

At what point does cleaning the windows become serious enough to be banned whilst on the road?

Never.
On 10/07/2018 18:08, Andy Burns wrote:

"Driving in Germany is a lot like driving in the UK ",
Yes indeed, we all drive almost exactly the same cars !.

http://www.ecowash.co.za/car-washing-rules-in-germany/ More accurately you are free to wash your own car, but it has to be done in a designated place and you have to pay to wash your own car there.
On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 12:23:02 +0100, john west

Decosol is the best washer bottle fluid that I've used (of many). I use Bar Keeper's Friend to deep clean the windscreen once a year. - Mike
On 09/07/2018 12:23, john west wrote:

On my fleet and all customer cars, I use Prestone, from Costco, at a 50/50 with soft water, works well, and smells nice.
Glass, yes what happened to that coating for Glass that was on Tomorrows World in the 70s that was supposed to stop all muck sticking and you just hosed it down. I blame lime trees in streets though. If you have those nothing but nothing seems to have been made efficient at cleaning it off any surface without a lot of elbow Grease. Brian
--
----- --

Ghastly stuff. Avoid at all costs.
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 44th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3184
~ Stercus accidit ~
Huge wrote:

Yes, once you start using it, you more or less have to continue, I was glad I needed a windscreen replacement due to a crack.

Agree for vehicle windscreens, the beading of water worked fine till wipers had to be used and found the smearing was worse than without it. On my parents house windows which took a right battering from rain as they had nothing between them and Dartmoor 16 miles away it did make a considerable improvement to the outlook in wet weather,which down there was often.
GH

Yep.

That's a good idea, and one that hadn't occurred to me!
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 45th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3184
~ Stercus accidit ~
On 09/07/2018 20:05, Huge wrote:

Used it for years, never had a problem. You do have to clean the screen _thoroughly_ before using it and apply as per the instructions. Wiper blades should be in good condition. Water beads well and less wiping is needed in rain.
As for carwashes, one I use every now and then uses a wax that doesn't cause smearing at all. The one my dealer uses after a service is a nightmare as fas as the windscreen is concerned. Driving home in the dark and the rain was terrible.
--
Peter

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:06:14 +0100, Ramsman wrote:

Yep, take heed of the clean screen before applying and the applying is more than just a quick wipe over as well. Takes several hours to do well and is quite hard work with the apllication and buffing etc.
The only slight niggle are the micro beads left by the wipers, particularly when the coating is new. Very much like smearing but unlike smearing they disappear in a second or two. Once it's aged a bit ISTR that this no longer happens, but you still get the beading and water blowing off the screen at > 40 mph or so.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 11/07/2018 09:12, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Several hours? Are you applying it to a bus?
--
Peter

It never worked anything like that sales fools claimed.

On 09/07/2018 21:39, Rod Speed wrote:

It probably works better on a vertical surface where bugs and bird shit are not hitting the glass at 50+mph as will happen with a car windscreen.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

But it isnt used on the massive great glass walled buildings whose windows are very expensive to clean, so it can't actually work as claimed.
On 09/07/18 16:06, Brian Gaff wrote:

Ultra-Ever Dry
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/07/the-internet-demanded-partially-scientific-testing-of-ultraeverdry-in-hd/
--
Adrian C

I've got some Porsche concentrated screenwash which says on the label that it shouldn't be mixed with other window cleaners.
Any idea why? The contents are anionic surfactants, polycarboxylates, perfumes, Limonene, Laurylamine aand Dipropylenediamine.
--
Peter