Car speeding alert device?

Incidentally if one loses ones licence, can you legally ride an electric bike? No not me, I'd be bonkers to try. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

My car has Adaptive Cruise Control and I use it always on motorways. Strangely there is no option to set a speed limiter, although the car does read spead limit signs.

Reply to
John

particularly on 'Smart' motorways where the spped limit can be dropped as low as 20mph.

Reply to
charles

including the ones on overhead gantries?

Reply to
charles

On 13/12/2019 13:24, Jethro_uk wrote: ...

I find mine is very useful on the continent, but, as you say, it isn't that useful in the UK.

Mine always returns to the same state it was in (on or off) when I turned the ignition off, although it still needs a speed to be set.

I did have a hire car that set its speed limiter according to what it thought the speed limit was. However, it was not always right and then I needed to disconnect it until it showed the correct limit on the display. I couldn't find any way to change the limit it worked to, apart from being able to adjust +/- 5mph (and no more) from the speed it thought it should be doing.

Reply to
nightjar

charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk:

Not checked that!

Reply to
John

Had a different van today for work as I needed the long wheel base (it's a big electric fire I was fitting).

It's another Fiat Scudo. Halfway across the Woodhead pass guess what it did?

Reply to
ARW

overheated and blew a head gasket

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The back doors of the van opened.

The giant electric fire (for which you needed a LWB van, so it must have been pretty big) dropped out of the van.

The giant electric fire is on castors, and it ran off back down Woodhead Pass.

You sent the apprentice running back down Woodhead Pass to try to at least slow down the giant electric fire.

At this time of year, there's ice on Woodhead Pass, and the apprentice started to slide down.

The fully laden oil tanker coming up Woodhead Pass, faced with a giant electric fire and an apprentice at speed .....

Anyway, the main point is where are you being held, and do you need a hand to arrange legal representation? Don't say anything until you have spoken to your solicitor. Blame Fiat!

Reply to
GB

I have a Citroen, and it's not brilliant - but then it only uses the throttle, with no braking.

In (another) of my gripes about the systems on the car, it's very good at letting you come up faster than the car in front, and then just disengaging with a ping saying "you sort it out", if the speed differential is too great.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

A drawing pin inside your right shoe ? :-)

Reply to
Andrew

My neighbours New Auris hybrid seems to be able to 'read' speed limit signs and alter the speedo to indicate the maximum allowed in that location.

Not sure if this is GPS or a camera.

Reply to
Andrew

Pretty certain the top-range S-Max I had for a week did. It also read other road signs and beeped for triangle ones, if you let it.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Refueled itself from the Adblu pump ?

Reply to
Andrew

Only the works Ford Ranger needs Adblue.

Although one of the apprentices once filled my washer bottle with it.

It just died on me.

Reply to
ARW

My solicitor is a stunner and she always wears a short skirt.

This is the fire I was fitting

Gazco eRelex 195R inset fire.

ARW

I speed MOST the time.

The OP must be unlucky to have been caught 3 times.

Reply to
ARW

Eyes, ears, brain, driving lessons.

Reply to
invalid

The speed limits are still checked, its only the cameras that need the subscription on the low end models.

I don't need the speed camera data, I can see signs and tell how fast I am going by the car noise and other clues you pick up doing 2 million miles.

Reply to
invalid

Why not update it, they do offer the ability to do so.

Reply to
invalid