Can you solve this puzzle ( slightly OT)

Ages ago someone on Freecycle gave me a whole bag of identical plastic pieces and said they were a puzzle but she had no instructions nor knew anything about it . I dug it out the other day and was having a search on the Internet for some info as to what they might be . This is the nearest I can find only I have hundreds of these pieces and I've never been able to figure out what to do with them and even now with this link I still cant get two pieces to make a pyramid .Can anyone help? Stuart

the realfictitious

the snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Pick up the one on the right, and put it with it's short edge (2 o'clock in that pic) abutting the short edge (10 o'clock) of the other. The two points of the one on the left form two of the base corners. One point of the one on the right forms the third base corner, the other point the apex.

Reply to
Adrian

or easier, put the two square sides together and twist 90 degrees

Reply to
Vass

Put the two rectangular faces together and rotate one ...

Reply to
Adrian C

Absolute disgrace

Reply to
dpydotsmw

Thx guys ( except one below) .I shall go and try it .I tried Google but forgot Wikipedia .

Reply to
the realfictitious

But why have you ended up with hundreds of these things? Until I saw your reply above I thought the other responders were barking up the wrong tree and you had to make a big pyramid using all of the bits...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Well yeah .That's what I originally thought these pieces were foras I'm sure the girl who gave them to me said that but I couldn't figure out how and when I did search last night I saw that 2 piece puzzle so thats why I posted this message but after receiving these replies I have tried to make a pyramid out of 2 pieces but altho' they do fit together as sugested they don't make a complete 2 piece pyramid so I'm back to where I was . It could well be that I need to use all the pieces but I have no idea where I should start .

Reply to
the realfictitious