Can seeds be used next year?

I have some left over heirloom tomato seeds as well as a few assorted
vegetables. Can these be used next spring? Even the minimum order of
seeds is far more than I can plant in my little yard.
Reply to
dgk
Yes. As long as you store them in a dry place aroung room temp or lower. Wouldn't put them in a damp place, attic, etc.
Reply to
trader4
Most (but not all) types of vegetable seeds can be saved and used the next year. Some will last for several years.
Here's a list of longevity for "well stored" seeds of various vegetables (see other replies for storage information):
Reply to
Pat Kiewicz
On Thu, 27 May 2010 07:22:34 -0400, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
varieties next year and also seed the ones I have left over this year. I gave my extras away to a few friends and on Freecycle and there were plenty of people who wanted some even after I ran out.
It's pretty easy to grow the seeds so my plan for next year is to grow far more than I did this year, and just give the extras away on Freecycle. It really doesn't cost much and I have a big bag of potting soil left over. I guess that will be good next year as well.
Reply to
dgk
[....] > > Here's a list of longevity for "well stored" seeds of various vegetables > (see other replies for storage information): > >
for sharing this link....
Reply to
Jim

Site Timeline Threads