Can you buy 9 inch long nails?

Meat skewers any good?

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Just drill a hole through them and whack the spike through it. It works really well and when I compared the results to the one that I bought (where the spike was screwed into it), mine are MUCH better (Strength, quality, thickness)

Jon

Reply to
jon.p.weaver

A 9" spike will hold a kite no problems.. On Sand, no.. But on Grass, fine.

The spikes I have been using so far are about 7" long and even when they are only 4" inch, they hold fine.

When you look at 'official' Kite Spikes, they are only 7-9" long and they are sold for just this job.

9" would hold my 7m no problems..

I was going to get a Cork-Screw type for the beach.. But I saw one of them get ripped out the other day, so decided to stick with my curved "sand spikes"..

Jon

PS. Nope.. Never worked with anyone of that name.. Cheers

Reply to
jon.p.weaver

How about bricklayers line pins

or even

david lang

Are these cheaper? What price are you paying?

Suz

Pieces of concrete rebar? Short sections of electrical conduit?

Reply to
Terry

Probably more expensive than tent pegs!

Reply to