Long Metal Threshold - Where to buy?

I am looking for metal threshold that you use between carpet in one room and floor in another room. The width between the rooms is around 6 1/2 feet. I went to Home Depot and Lowes and they only had thresholds that were < 3ft. I am trying to find one that is longer than 6 1/2 feet so I can cut it to fit. I would prefer it to not have any pre-drilled holes. Also, if it matters I am looking for a pewter type color (really any color other than gold).

Does anyone know of a source where I can purchase something a long the lines of this.

Amy.

Reply to
Amy L

tom&kel

Amy, You might be pleased with a rubber reducer, it will certainly be less expensive:

will let you scroll through the shapes. There are a lot of colors. Look in your yellow pages for a commercial carpet layers supply house. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Look in your local yellow pages for floor-covering installation supplier. I routinely buy all my metals at such a place because they come in 12 foot lengths. 12 foot cost about $2 more than a 3 foot one at the box stores. The only gottcha is that the nails are sold separately. Still a great buy but I am still working on using up that first 100 pak of nails.

All the ones I have seen are pre-drilled. I can&#39;t guess about the colors.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

They&#39;re called &#39;transition strips&#39;. Check with a local flooring installer - they&#39;ll probably sell you what you want, or at least steer you in the right direction.

Reply to
PanHandler

Also, they&#39;re available in just about any metal finish or wood variety. A friend of mine is a &#39;Floor Coverings International&#39; franchisee, and stocks all types for use by his installers.

Reply to
PanHandler