Can anyone recommend a PIR sensor for a light switch

Hi - I wanted to rig up a PIR type sensor for the landing to switch the light on - in my kitchen I used the sensor from a halogen floodlight which works pretty well.

Can anyone recommend a sensor - I guess it would be useful if it could fit in the normal single switch space since it will look across the landing rather than down on it and maybe the cat wont set it off!

And ideas on prices or other useful comments?

Reply to
405 TD Estate

how about this for starters if a bit pricy...

Jim Alexander

I had a look and that's exactly what I was after - the only problem as you say is they will come out at nearly 50 quid each with VAT and postage.

Hmmm what to do - I guess there's only 2 places I'd use them on the top and bottom landing. The alternative is a =A35 PIR designed for outdoor use like the one I have set up in the kitchen which works fairly well.

I think I should probably spend the cash...

Reply to
405 TD Estate

Look on ebay,this guy sells them.

George