Calling John Rumm

John you are always looking for new projects, I thought you may find this interesting and a possible project:

ss

Thanks for that... quite a nice little engine. Probably more in the class of stuff that I quite like looking at other peoples attempts but feel too compelled to try myself.

Perhaps I will add that to the end of the list of things to do... Currently have 15 sheets of 8x4" in the garage awaiting the next project which I am about to get started on...

Reply to
John Rumm

15? 500 sq-ft? A new larger shed?
Reply to
Fredxxx

Nice engine, just a pity about the anamorphic aspect ratio!

Reply to
Graham.

8 x 4 inch ?? 500 sq feet?
Reply to
F Murtz

8 x 4 inch sheets?
Reply to
Fredxxx

Sorry, make that 8x4' ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup, that was bugging me as well ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

15 sheets would not even make a 10x12 shed ;-)

Na, its going to be a companion piece to go with:

This time for the other side of the room, and more designed as an AV setup - so lots of CD storage, place for HiFi and AV gear, and a "built in" flat screen, plus some more storage space... but following the same design aesthetic as the bookcase.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, you would need another 3 sheets!

Nice. I've always been a little concerned with MDF dust. If your doing the cutting outside that helps.

Reply to
Fredxxx

This will be a mix of ply, mdf, and softwood.

I wear a respirator and have a workshop air cleaner that runs all the time any cutting is going on. I have also modified my unisaw table saw with big dust port on the back so I can run active collection at the saw. That helps keep the amount thrown about a bit.

(Sometimes I will cut outside since breaking down big sheets is easier with more space - but that does depend on the weather a bit).

Reply to
John Rumm