Calling all Aldi cement mixer fans...

I though their stuff was usually stamped "Felixstows" on the packing crates - ie, the port of entry on its way from the Far East.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

It's just a Chinese box stuffing rebranding company, they have a huge warehouse close to the huge B&Q bulk distribution place next to the A1(M) North of Doncaster.

Reply to
Matt

Sorry, you mentioned this yesterday, and I see what you mean now. I'm sure you're absolutely right about this! I had aligned my pulleys by eye, assuming that it wasn't too critical, because it didn't even warrant a mention in the assembly instructions.

I've tried doing the alignment again,using the rod, and TBH I can't get it any better than I already had; however it's not easy is it, because the two wheels are of different thickness, and are quite inaccessible in the back of the housing.

Anyway - any complimentary remarks I may have made earlier about aftersales service for Aldi tools are hereby withdrawn...

David

Reply to
Lobster

I've tried doing the alignment again,using the rod, and TBH I can't get

it any better than I already had; however it's not easy is it, because the two wheels are of different thickness, and are quite inaccessible in the back of the housing.

Agreed. I cut an access hole to get a better sight-line, but it's probably not that critical.

CRB

Reply to
crb
4 'fibrous' washers - I already used 4 inside the drum, interposed between the blades and the inside of the drum - was that right?

Sorry, forgot to mention that these washers (leather on the Machine Mart machine) are placed both inside the drum as you have done, and in the corresponding positions ouside the drum, under the bolt heads.

CRB

Reply to
crb

A warehouse rebranding operation with one or two people whose salary can be justified on the reduction in the returns that would otherwise happen....

Reply to
Andy Hall