burying swa

Well I suppose the SWA to the garage should not really be left sitting on the soil by the fence - common sense says it should be constrained in some way. So, clipped to fence, or buried. If buried, I would think at least a space depth, and marker tape on top. Of course some extra protection on top of the cable would always be welcome, e.g. some old pieces of timber (without nails sticking out etc.). Any more rules for burying it ? Thanks, Simon.
I did this once, never again. Them mice are hungry little bar stewards and the fence hanging seems like a good compromise, but put it quite high up! Brian
--
----- --
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message

18" / 500 mm trench, sand at the bottom, lay SWA and cover in sand. Old bricks or tiles carefully laid on top, a few inches of selected fill, then marker tape, then rest of the fill.
(Or do what I've done and lay 110 mm soil pipe between all buildings in 500 mm min trenches and use that )
Andrew
On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 11:45:35 AM UTC, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Sounds reasonable. I'm actually now thinking its going to have to be clipped to the fence gravel boards for some distance before it disappears underground.
Simon.
On 18/03/2019 11:52, sm_jamieson wrote:

That would be fine.
--
Adam

On 18/03/2019 08:32, sm_jamieson wrote:

Deep enough that it will not get disturbed... So a spade depth is ok if its somewhere that will not be dug over, but deeper if under a flower bed etc.
Blinding the trench with sand gives extra protection to the cable jacket. Cable warning tape is good also.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 18/03/2019 08:32, sm_jamieson wrote:

In my 1976-built house, ..
The professional electricians employed by SEEboard ran the incoming supply inside some 3/4 inch yellow plastic gas pipe as it came up through the slab under the inside of the front door, along the top of the slab then up the wall into the Wylex metal box in the party wall.
The original builders put some 38mm conduit down but then forgot to mark where it was and poured the slab over it.