Burying gas pipe?

Just about to put an offer in on a house where the incoming gas supply(after meter to cooker) travels through a concrete floor but has been boxed in with wood. Over a period of time the wood has rotted away just leaving a 'trough' containing a 15mm copper gas pipe and loads of rotten wood. The ideal way of putting this right would be to fill the trough with fresh concrete but the present owner tells me that it was not done that way in the first place because it would not meet current gas regs. I realise that you have to make provision for any gas leak to be able to escape to outside air but can anyone advise whether encasing the pipe in concrete would fall foul of the regs? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply to
Bannygrob

supply(after

yes it would fall foul - if you search google's archive of this group you'll find the issue has been discussed several times in some detail, last just a week or so ago.

Reply to
John Stumbles

supply(after

I believe placing it in a larger pipe usually plastic, and then burying that would be ok

If you did it your self building control would have to get involved, so might be easier to get a corgi plumber

Dave

Reply to
Dave Jones

I have just had a gas pipe buried in concrete moved and the original was steel buried in concrete. The corgi guy dug up the pipe at a join, dug a trench in the concrete floor, 22mm copper pipe 1" below surface, and put in the copper pipe wrapped in denzil tape and did a pressure test for leaks so I assume thats all you have to do! (£185) Steve

Reply to
Stephen Jones

I have just had a gas pipe buried in concrete moved and the original was steel buried in concrete. The corgi guy dug up the pipe at a join, dug a trench in the concrete floor, 22mm copper pipe 1" below surface, and put in the copper pipe wrapped in denzil tape and did a pressure test for leaks so I assume thats all you have to do! (£185) Steve

Reply to
Stephen Jones

If CORGI got to know they might take away his certificate.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

Now I know you're not in the real world