Binatone MD 750 Twin (Micro Dect)

Is any one using a Binatone MD 750 Twin (Micro Dect) phone set, with ADSL? I have just bought one (it has two cordless handsets, one in a base unit which connects to the wall socket) and each time I connect them, I immediately get connectivity problems - either everything slows to a crawl, or stops completely, as soon as the phones are disconnected, the service returns to normal.

My configuration us a wall socket, then a two- way splitter, Into this is plugged an extension reel, then an ADSL widget, then the router. The other half of the splitter at the wall socket takes the phone set.

Reply to
Andy Mabbett

You're supposed to have an ADSL filter (the widget maybe) on each phone set (or on a line leading to all phones)

Reply to
G&M

In message , G&M writes

Thanks.

Since the PC is ~20' from the wall socket, how can that be achieved? If I put the filter (=widget) into the wall socket, the lead for the router won't reach it.

Reply to
Andy Mabbett

Then plug your Extension lead into the wall socket, your Widget into the end of the extension lead, the Modem/router into one plug on the widget and your phone into the other plug of the widget.

I don't see why you are needing to use a "splitter" in the first place.

Reply to
Pet

RJ-11.

Maplins do 'um,

bung "RJ11" in the search box on their homepage

Reply to
Mark Carver

Hi,

The filter must be between the phone and the line, so it needs to go on the phone side of the splitter at the wall.

To connect the router to the phone extension lead use a RJ11 to BT adapter or another filter.

The router can be connected straight to the line via an adapter as the filtering is only required for non ADSL equipment.

Both Ebuyer and Ebay are a good source of adapters and filters.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:17:36 +0100, Andy Mabbett strung together this:

That's wrong. I'll use the term ADSL filter instead of widget for my bit! In your main wall socket the first thing in should be the ADSL filter. In the BT socket on this goes the phone plug on the DECT base station. Into the ADSL side you need a lead to the computer. The lead to the computer as is is obviously too short so you nead a modem extension lead or replacement longer lead with RJ11 plugs at both ends.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Andy Mabbett writes

Thanks to everyone for their help - it's working OK, now, and I'll be off to Maplin for a modem extension lead as soon as I can!

Oddly, my original setup worked OK, with my previous phone!

Reply to
Andy Mabbett

It would depend on the sort of load the phone puts on the line. You'd think they'd all be the same, but they're not. If it presented a lowish impedance to high frequencies it could take out the ADSL carrier. Well, that's my theory. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It does, though the DMT line code used is remarkably good at compensating in real time as you lift the handset the first time. It then stays where it is unless you turn the ADSL modem off so the problem goes away.

Reply to
G&M

Buy another widget.

If you don't, the phone can interfere with the adsl frequencies on the line.

Reply to
hudsterou