Buried Electrical connections

Yes, the problem I had with your question is that I could not remember the size, but it is the correct size, as well as being twin and earth.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

That is correct, lighting needs a smaller size cable than the ring mains, or electric cooker connections.

Didn't you know there are different sizes of cable for different purposes?

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Thank you.

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Just trying to follow your example!

Reply to
Alan Holmes

I think you would find it rathe difficult to drive a nail through a metal conduit.

Then locte the studs and drill a hole through them!

Not quite sure of the deprication though, can't speak that sort of language!

Reply to
Alan Holmes

In my day they were always soldered!

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Metal conduit these days is rather thin and weedy - quite easy to pierce with a nail - especially when nicely supported in plaster. (in much the same way as it is easy to nail through a pipe). With the more commonly used plastic conduit, you probably would not even notice it was there.

Tricky thing to do once the wall is built.

Reply to
John Rumm

Well if you ate your breakfast rather than spend all your time in here wittering then you too might have the strength to hammer a nail through conduit.

There is also the lazy agresssive approach

Matt