burglar alarm advice

What they tend to go for is the ones with poor physical defences and easy access to and at the back. Picking locks is a lost art so the modern scrote wants a back garden they can get into easily and without being overlooked and a back door or patio doors they can easily kick in or lever out.

Plant thorny bushes all around the garden perimeter and have side gates with locks but only about 3ft high with trellis above to give neighbours visibility to the back. Put audible alarms on the side gates including a breakwire in the trellis.

I'm afraid as with so many things the standards of burglary have fallen dreadfully, the "professional" is now a protected species.

Reply to
Peter Parry

The side fence is overlooked by a couple of the neighbours windows, and we've got PIR activated floodlights there - anyone coming in or out stands out a mile. Front is very visible, no patio door, only a normal back door. Decent overview by the neighbours, who have come to check out many things in the past (knowing that we return the favour).

Reply to
Simon Finnigan