Bult in gas hob question

How standard, or not, are holes cut into worktops for gas hobs? Mine needs replacing, sadly I cannot access the hole to measure its size.

Reply to
Broadback

why not go online and download a few user manuals?

tim

Reply to
tim...

Not at all standard.

Reply to
Huge

Definitely not at all standard. When we moved in here, we inherited a quite new kitchen. But the hob had been badly treated.

We ended up messing around, finally sourcing the exact same (just obsolete) model.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Built in ovens, fridges, washers and dishwashers tend to be a few standard sizes, whereas hobs it is anything goes. If upgrading from a small hob to a larger range type you might get lucky and be able to open out the opening a bit more to accommodate it. Other than that you have to factor in replaci ng that section of worktop too.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky