Bulb search

Usual thing ... after taking the XMAS lights down, check them all to find that a load of bulbs need changing, most of the push in type I have spares for, but also have 2 very long sets of lights that use - quote form B&Q box .... L103C 3V 0.11A 3330mW E10 screw in bulbs.

I have tried Maplin, CPC, TLC etc. ..... even a bit of googling, all with no luck .... anybody know where I can source these bulbs ... happy to buy 20 or 30 of them at a time ?

B&Q will sell them but only in packs of 3 ... and this works out very expensive.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Ah! the good old Xmas tree bulb scam!! Not a lot of use to you now, but, having been caught out [almost] once...here is the trick. When you replace the complete set buy 2 sets and use 1; result, full set of running spares . This has kept our set going for 6 years at minimal cost, plus we have a spare transformer to boot.

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

Do that then, all wired together. Much cheaper.

Last time I bought lights I bought two sets, one to use as spares.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth