Xmas tree bulbs - web recommendation?

Anyone able to recommend a good website for Xmas tree bulbs? I need to get some for a 40 and 20 bulb set - should be fun as I have no idea where the sets came from so ideally I need a site which shows the bulb ends (and some luck!).
Thanks, Paul DS.

Difficult, as you need to know the current and/or power rating too. If you don't have the original ratings (e.g. on the box), you'll have to measure it.
Cheapest way is to buy a set after Christmas, and for filament lamp sets, buy a few identical sets, at least one to be sacrificial for the bulbs only. Often, a whole set is costs less than 3 spare bulbs after Christmas.
--
Andrew Gabriel
...snip...

Nice tip, especially the "buy a whole set"!
Paul DS.
On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 13:10:34 -0000, "Paul D Smith"

Like buying an inkjet printer. Buy three or four at 30. When the tanks run out, skip the printer and install a new one, cheaper than the 40 for the new tanks.
On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:34:08 +0000, Ericp wrote:

Which is OK unless the new printers are fitted with 'demo' tanks with not much ink in them.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

They got wise to that one, which is why new printers come with special (nearly empty) ink cartridges.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Mine didn't, you still don't get as many pages out of the first set because it has to fill all the pipes and stuff first. With a cheap printer using ~2ml cartridges there won't be much left even if the were full size.

A cunning plan with just two minor flaws. Firstly starting up a new printer takes a lot of ink. As much as half a tank on some models. Secondly all of the manufacturers supply "light" tanks with the printers that have a much smaller ink load than the one sold in the retail packs.

https://www.nomadirect.co.uk/index.php
I've bought spare bulbs for two sets from them in the last year or so.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 3rd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3178
"At this time of year it's easy to forget the true meaning of

I hate throwing anything away but LED sets are now pretty cheap, use less power and allegedly last longer.

and don't look nearly as nice - in my opinion
--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16
On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 15:57:25 +0000, charles wrote:

YMMV: I bought some from CPC just before xmas: a set of 120 (LP0399975) which has very nice saturated red, green, yellow and blue LEDs, a set of 100 warm white LEDs (LP0400375) which are a bit cooler than the incandescents I've already got but look OK in isolation, and a lovely set of 'berry' lights (LP0420975) with 2 slightly different sizes of translucent plastic balls on coloured LEDs giving pastel colour red yellow green and blues which you simply couldn't get from filament lamps. I'm very pleased with them, especially as most of the LED sets I've seen other people using (especially flashing ones) have looked ghastly (to me).
--
John Stumbles

Looked at that website and found that it has the same thing, but with a different numbering system from the ones I did identify on Ebay as being what I wanted - and then found were subtly different - many thanks to John Lewis for stocking lights which are non-standard!
Rob

The set on the tree in my hall (for which I have purchased bulbs from Noma) came from ... John Lewis.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 3rd day of Chaos in the YOLD 3178
"At this time of year it's easy to forget the true meaning of

You're welcome.

--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 4th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3178
"At this time of year it's easy to forget the true meaning of