Built in furniture

I had a bash at a "built in" furniture project. Description and photos available for those that are interested here:

free to hack it about into something resembling English as you go ;-)

Your comments, as ever, are welcomed!

Reply to
John Rumm

Nicely done, shame it had to be the painted version ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes I know what you mean. I am in two minds about it. If it had been a standalone piece, then it would have certainly been nicer with at least the face work done in hardwood. However for its actual location, it seems to "fit" (aesthetically) and keeps what could have been a fairly dark corner, nice and light.

Reply to
John Rumm

I think adding a lip to the top of the upper unit, to give a cornice detail in the same way as you did with the worktop edge of the base unit, would have finished the top off nicely.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yup, that could work (and be retrofitted)... having said that, its a long way up and you don't really see it in the same way.

Reply to
John Rumm