building regulations for outside loo

Anyone know the regs for an outside loo ? Would not actually be connected to the house, just very close. I would like the structure to be basically a shed, to avoid some issues. Basically, I've had plans passed for a extension, which involve losing the existing outside loo. At some stage I will be putting in a new downstairs loo, but I have just thought that I would like to keep a second loo until then. So I will basically need to "move" the loo. Other probs, will be building near public sewer, and I want to avoid doing the whole BCO/full plans/severn trent thing all over again just to get a loo in a shed. Any thoughts ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Surprised you got them past. A friend of mine was told in no uncertain terms that they would NOT allow him to remove his downstairs loo, which had been an outside one, but now had a door straight into the kitchen with the old outside door blocked up.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Ah well, it was not an outside loo then was it ? Anyway, the new understairs loo was on the original plans, but I couldn't (be bothered to) spec it in enough detail for the BCO on the full plans, so I removed it - will be done later on a building notice along with loads of other stuff. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Ah! Nice one. Get them to pass it with the toilet on and then sneakily omit it from the next iteration!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle