Builders and electrics PT2

If only. When I ask for some concrete reasons for leaving the EU all I get is esoteric things like sovereignty, taking back control, and the wild hopes we'll be able to do far better deals around the world.

To me, it's like leaving a decent job on a whim - on the hope you'll easily find another.

But then you may have noticed from another thread I consider gambling a fool's game.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That is so very WRONG!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Its about making our own decisions, rather than having them made for us by a near neighbours dictating to us. Its rather like your next door neighbours deciding what wallpaper you can have on your walls and what curtains you can hang.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Don't be stupid, the very fact we are leaving the EU is proof!

Reply to
dennis

In what way?

Reply to
dennis

I think the current policy of increasing the tax threshold to remove the lower paid from income tax is a better idea than artificially increasing wages.

Reply to
dennis

Its nothing like that.

Reply to
dennis

Brexiteers appear to recall many things that have never happened. I suspect that they get their information from dubious sources and just repeat the lies without any thought or maybe they just lie because they think it supports their cause.

Reply to
dennis

You'd have to define 'ours'

The Scots, Welsh and Irish have long complained about being dictated to by Westminster. Parts of England have the same view too.

You are also falling into the common trap of saying the EU is united against the interests of only England.

Ah - right. That will be why we continue to speak English rather than German, drive on the right, and have our own legal and parliamentary systems. The important thing is the colour of the curtains.

Basically, it would seem you want just your own way about everything. So would most - but unfortunately for that view is the common good is more important.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Even when if paying zero income tax many are still poor?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

dennis@home wrote on 28/04/2018 :

I don't really see how that offers any proof at all.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well if the EU made our laws we wouldn't be allowed to leave. So our parliament makes the decisions not the EU. We either agree or not the worst that can happen is we leave.

Reply to
dennis

On this NG at least, almost exclusively the Mail and the Express.

It makes you wonder what this country has come to :-)

Reply to
RJH

I'd trust a kite mark more

Reply to
Cynic

dennis@home used his keyboard to write :

I don't really see how the EU could prevent us leaving, except by force. We just stop paying the EU.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I doubt that the present incarnation of the EU could really be bothered to attempt to stop the UK even if we had not gone down the negotiated path that is happening,once all the posturing is over the German and French equivalents of Harry will be celebrating at having got rid of a country that was only halfhearted in its membership and wanting special treatment most of the time.

If a more malevolent incarnation of the EU wanted to hurt Britain then not much force would be needed. Just close off the Ports in the Netherlands ,Belgium,France. Spain ,Portugal to shipping to and from the UK and like wise with European airspace and that would include the Atlantic approaches under Irish Control or if not actually close them just charge a lot.

That would upset those who got used to having cheap holidays in Spain etc. At the moment those markets still want the Brits for economic reasons but as the Eastern states improve economically Poles etc will take their place.

GH

Reply to
Marland

You seem to forget the real reasons such as a shortage of housing, stagnation of wages being propped up by the minimum wage and a lack of infrastructure to match the level of immigration.

Reply to
Fredxx

R= V/I

Very little else needs to be known in the brave new world of the Brexiteer.

Mains droppers were the order of the day for TV sets before Britain joined the EU.

A bit wasteful of energy, but not half cheap!

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

It was never a myth.

An official document:

Fredxx

For someone who says they don't know much, you don't need to keep telling us.

Reply to
Fredxx