Builder required - Lincoln area

My DIY skills are limited and increasing mobility problems make even simple jobs difficut or impossible these days but this is an area I would never have attempted to take on anyway!

We are looking for a builder to quote for a kitchen extension. Our usual highly recommended [1] builder is unable to take this on at the moment due to high workload plus one his key men is taking 12 months paternity leave so, reluctantly, we are having to look elsewhere.

We know that some cowboys have carried out work here (before we bought it) but this is mainly confined to the conservatory and other external works rather than the main fabric of the building. This extension is different, though, and we want to be assured that whoever we choose is reliable and can be trusted to work to a high standard.

Any suggestions?

[1] The survey showed that the driveway had reduced the depth of the damp course, so we wanted that attended too asap when we moved in. The builder was recommended by an old school friend of my wife's who had worked with them on a number of important restoration projects.

We were concluding some business with the seller over the purchase of some of the contents when the builder turned up to take a look. The sellers eyes opened wide and he said "How did you get hold of HIM?" "He's GOOD!"

Reply to
Terry Casey

I take it the usual builder did not get as far as a rough price?

Reply to
ARW

No. The circumastances mean that he has had to go back 'on the tools' to cover the existing work load and the backroom stuff he is normally responsible for has had to take a back seat.

Reply to
Terry Casey