Broken Window repair cost?

Does anyone have a clue how much it would cost to replace a 24mm sealed unit approx size 1m x 1.2m to a first floor window.I have one which has a serious condensation problem between the panes.If it gets "broken" and I claim on my insurance I have to pay the first £50 and I am likely to loose no claims discount. Is it worth bothering the insurers Thanks in advance for any helpful replies. Simmo.

Reply to
Simmo

If you can d-i-y it, the cost of the new sealed unit will certainly be under 50 quid (20 or 30?); but not if you get a pro in (I can only guess what the labour cost would be for that would be. Doubt it would be worth the insurance claim, anyway.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I was recently quoted £80 a square metre to have a glazier replace the sealed unit.

Reply to
robert

In message , Simmo writes

I had two failed units replaced last year in hardwood frames - one a fully glazed door, the other a similar, though a bit smaller window. It cost GBP180 supply and fitting

Reply to
chris French