British gas F2 50

Hi I have a British gas 50 F2 whichor I believe to be a potterton profile 50e. Having.firing issues. Fan spinning. New air pressure switch but does not fire up. If I suck on the clear pipe it springs into life. It stays on for about 1 to

2 minutes and flame goes out. Strachan my head at this one now. Any help would be appreciated
Reply to
Simon

I had exactly these symptoms on mine, coming home late one night. Had it in bits, but couldn't get it working, gave up and went to bed. In the morning, went outside and found a bird had jammed itself in the flue terminal. Pulled out bird, and it all sprung back into life.

Look for anything blocking the flue or any of the fanned air pathways. Check through the viewing window that flames are entirely blue, with no white luminous showing.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel