Britains Worst Builder

Anyone see this on Friday night?

Basically three numpty builders were given various tasks to bodge up.

One task was to build a copy of a decorative brickwork planter and as part of said task they had to quote the 'client' Chloe (attractive young blonde) a price for materials & labour.

Unbeknown to the contestants, Chloe built the original planter - which was rather nice - and was described as 'an award winning professional bricklayer'.

The numpty builders all quoted and were later criticised by the presenter & Chloe for overcharging for labour. Chloe reckoned 4 hours work at £15 an hour - which is what she charged.

£15 an hour for 'an award winning professional bricklayer'? I don't reckon you could get any bricklayer for £15 an hour. Certainly if I was 'an award winning professional bricklayer' I'd charge a damn site more than that!
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

£15 should buy 15 bricks laid. How many bricks an hour can an AWPB lay?

That's the hourly rate applicable.. :))

Reply to
EricP

I've seen this before.

It must have been a repeat.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:11:22 +0100, "tim....." mused:

Me too, load of s**te the first time round as well.

Reply to
Lurch

Not me. My TV free for 3 years.

4 hours? Did this include the travel to and from work, the cement mixer being unloaded, the gobbo been mixed and the mixer cleaned? Who supplied the materials and took the time to fetch them? Or was it 4 hours of some attractive young blonde bird arsing about with arty farty mates with everything lined up for her? £15 an hour for 'an award winning professional bricklayer'? I don't reckon

Yosser Hughes? I did once have TV.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes; it was a repeat.

I agree; £15 an hour as an *employee* with holiday pay and bonuses on top, perhaps, but not a self-employed billing rate.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message news:f7dqp1$q9t$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Why do you waste your time watching such contrived clap-trap?...

Reply to
:Jerry:

£30000+ pa for an "employed" bricklayer.

WOW ! :-(

Reply to
Hugh Jampton

So I can post on UK DIY and give you something to do...............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A retired brickie told me that in ideal onditions & a following wind, a 1000 bricks a day was possible.

Are you sayig a brickie is worth a grand a day?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's the insurance assessor rate for out of London areas. A 400 brick wall = £400. And worth every penny too.

Reply to
EricP

Plus bricks and mortar, a labourer.. and string and..and..and..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

More like £20k p.a. taking into account holidays and the fact that building sites tend to close over winter.

A labourer with a ticket for one of those little dumper trucks can get £10+ an hour, so brickies are comparatively cheap.

Owain

Reply to
Owain