Britain awaits name for new Royal Princess

No I fucking don't.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 50th day of Discord in the YOLD 3181
Celebrate Discoflux
"Huge" < snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.much.invalid> wrote in message
Brian Gaff scribbled

That would piss off Jug Ears.
On Mon, 04 May 2015 01:18:07 +0100, Jonno wrote:

Not as much as Diana Alice
Or (shuffling letters) Diana Dido
Maybe that good old stand by Elisabeth. Names are funny things really. My parents only gave me one to remember, as nobody had any ideas other than it should be short to match my surname. I'm quite happy with Brian even if i was compared to a snail during my formative years. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Bob Eager" < snipped-for-privacy@eager.cx> wrote in message

You could always change your name. Instead of Brian, how about Giff?
--
Graeme

News put finger to keyboard:

Or Dilly.
I'm not so sure really. After all without her there would not have been this couple to start with.
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Jonno" < snipped-for-privacy@privacy.nob> wrote in message

That may be related to the fact that neither Liz nor Vicky were the heir apparent at the time of their birth. In the former case David later Edward VIII later the Duke of Windsor was the heir apparent, in the latter case at the time of her birth Vicky was only fifth in line of succession after her father and his three older brothers: the Prince Regent, the Duke of York, and the Duke of Clarence (later William IV).
Her actual first name was Alexandrina and it was her own decision to change it on the day she was declared Queen. Otherwise presumably there'd have been an Alexandrina Station in London, an Alexandrina line on the tube, the Alexandrina Cross and even a State or states in the colonies named Alexandrina.
michael adams

Dunno Anne had more.

In the case of "Liz" she was never heir apparent. She was, after her father became king, "heir presumptive". If her parents had had a son, she'd have dropped back in the succession..
--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

p.s. I just realised that what I ranted on about might imply in some way that I'm all in favour of Royalty-fever: ***no frigging way!!*** Pass the sick bag. I'm as appalled by it all as (I have no doubt) Prince William is. (I think he's a good chap btw.)
J.

There seem to be an awful lot of countries that don't seem to have benefitted much from once being part of the British Empire. If they had not been - who knows? Is India a better place for the average citizen than China?
--
*Corduroy pillows are making headlines.

It's got railways and a civil service
--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

So has China. Much more modern railways than India has too.

And a legal system that is even worse than what Britain had in Dickens' day.

They are certainly good for the white man. The aboriginals likely have a different view.

I ask again. India and China.

Tends to happen when you get country based on land barriers, when such a thing didn't exist before. The middle east being prime examples.
--
*Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

They don’t actually. Not one of them chooses to run around stark naked and eat nothing but grubs and roots etc.

Plenty of chaos and immense piles of corpses when the British pulled out of India.

That isn't what happened with India.

Just sit around and drink alcohol. By the statistics.
--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Still nothing like that they did before you lot showed up.

They were quite happy to do that for thousands of years, until Europeans, knowing "better" decided to "civilise" them. By abducting their children if necessary.
michael adams