Bristan vs Grohe?

I used Unibond bathroom and shower sealant from the local shed. Expensive at 8 quid a go but it's so bloody waterproof it's v.difficult to smooth it after application 'cos it sticks to

*everything*. Flexible too, the only thing that broke it in our case was for some reason the shower tray managed to drop a few mm (don't ask why, I dunno yet!) and the stuff stretched and broke the grout on the surrounding tiles resulting in much leakage.....

The moral to this tale is if yer tray doesn't drop this stuff is good! IMO obviously.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Drivel.

Truth hurts?

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

The truth does hurt you oh sycophant. For some bizarre macabre reason you want an administration back in charge that was clearly grossly incompetent, then there is the philosophy of the crew too. Boy you are dumb. Get help man, get help.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Pretty much the conclusion I'd come to - yes it's part of a new bathroom and I'll probably be living in it for the next year at least, but it's not a house I'm planning to settle down in for a long time (70's mid terrace, OK for now but not a dream house - hence the decision whether it's worth putting in top quality fittings).

Whether I sell or let then is going to depend on a) whether I move to a new job (which is one option I am considering), and/or b) what the housing market is doing at the time. The bathroom refit will definitely make it more saleable and rentable though - it really needs it!

Seeing as the information doesn't seem to be out there on the Bristan to help me decide I'll just have to wing it, I'll see whether the heart or the head wins out (ie would like to get the Grohe for my own satisfaction, but the Bristan would probably do the job fine for less money).

All those who have chipped in (before this thread became a political slanging match - entertaining to read but not so useful!!), cheers for the help.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Robiette