Brass security screws?

That's a good idea.

Reply to
Bob Eager

You could always just paint over them a lot. Just like the hinge screws on most of my doors, and they take forever to unscrew.....

Reply to
GMM

If someone came and parked a van saying doors and windows outside your house and then started to work on your front door do you really think anyone would take any notice?

Reply to
dennis

Hum, if you live in area where a small brass plate is going to go walkies, you probably have other problems to worry about. That's assuming the brass plate isn't "collectable" for a reason other than scrap value.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That seems like a lot of effort to go to to pinch a brass plate!

Reply to
John Rumm

chuckle. Well if the locals want to nick brass plates do you have an alarm system? I wince made one to protect a key switch holder blocking up an internal door letter box with a plate, but behind the plate was a spring contact for the alarm so removing the plate screws and pulling the plate set the alarm off.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I suspect the intent isn't so much to prevent the plate's theft as to prevent its easy removal, on account of what it says?

Reply to
Huge

*Any* 3.5mm nuts may take some finding. ;-)
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Full nut, steel, BZP, M3.5 Farnell: 1419448

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Just an example, people really don't take much notice of "workmen".

Reply to
dennis

dennis

Bob Eager

Indeed, one of the ironies of HiVis clothing - it makes you invisible.

Reply to
John Rumm

Oh - indeed. I meant in terms of popping down your local shed to get them. Last time I looked, Screwfix didn't have them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

if you do electrical diy you'll have plenty sitting about.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Screws of various lengths, yes; a tap for opening out old 4BA holes, but screws? I've never found the need.

Reply to
charles

sory, I meant "nuts".

Reply to
charles

I've quite enjoyed having mine :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I'm sorry to hear you've never found the need for your nuts. Nearly every electrical backbox contains a pair.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You missed "Nuts, I meant "nuts"".

Only if you define a pressed out tab of metal with a punched and tapped hole a "nut".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice