BR airflow requirements for a kitchen

Are BR airflow requirements for a kitchen are met by a 240m3/hr (IEC figures) cooker hood?

I assume it must, the room is 2.6x2.8x2.5m so 240m3/hr would achieve

10 air changes per hour. If so that allows me to replace a problem

window fan with an Elica Krea (240m3/hr) or Elica Krea HP (400m3/hr twin) at my mother's.

At present a new venetian blind reveals a few problems :-) The window fan is too close to it, its cable is too close to the blind, the window is an opener so less than ideal, getting power to it is messy, she can't reach the powercord anyway being a shortass so it doesn't get used like it should, and a beefy cooker hood is far better.

Of course the rain will be hissing down... new fashion will be wetsuits soon...

Reply to
js.b1

After some sleep, answer is yes...

- Table 1.1a Extract Ventilation Rates, p11

- Kitchen =3D 30L/sec adjacent to a hob =3D 108m3/hr

- Kitchen =3D 60L/sec elsewhere =3D 216m3/hr

So 240m3/hr cooker hood is fine.

Reply to
js.b1