Bosch washer from Comet - who does the servicing

A friend of mine has just bought a Bosch washing machine from Comet and it's got a two year guarantee.

I'd have thought that if it went wrong someone from Bosch would fix it but my friend has been given the impression that someone from Comet would do it.

Anyone got any experience of Bosch washers from Comet and what happens when they go wrong? Have Comet got some sort of arrangement with Bosch where they (Comet) do the repairs under warranty?

Reply to
Murmansk69

I got an AEG dishwasher from Comet a few years ago. When it failed under warranty AEG wouldn't honour it as Comet had not paid for cover. It was bodged, to say the least, by someone from Comet. I won't go back there.

Reply to
<me9

I guess this is an example of the retailer 'buying out' the warranties on new machines. They then can sell them cheaper as they use their in house repair shop (like MasterCare who are really bad in my experience). The Bosch might be different though as Bosch seem to come with a longer warranty as standard.

Reply to
mark blackall
[ context snipped due to previous top posting ]

warranties on

warranty as

Customer (non) care calls for Bosch and two other makes are certainly diverted away from the normal comet (non) care lines so you might well be correct - but who in their right mind would buy from Comet with their "F*ck you" 'cos we have your money attitude...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Someone from Comet would most likely be sent out to repair it.

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

I recently bought a Bosch washer from Comet (online though) and it comes with a 12 month guarantee from Bosch. There should be a leaflet in the box which you fill in when you register your machine with Bosch and that gives you a further 12 months free. The total 2-year warranty is with Bosch, not Comet if done this way and therefore Bosch should be contacted if there is a problem. If your friend bought the warranty through Comet, I have no idea.

Joy

Reply to
Joy Marshall

I think Amstrad pioneered this in the late eighties/early nineties.

Amstrad would sell product to retailers at vastly reduced prices on the understanding that retailers handled all servicing and repairs.

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

On 21 Oct 2005 05:36:44 -0700, "Murmansk69" scrawled:

They come (or came) with a 2 year guarantee from anywhere.

Who gave this impression to your friend? Why not ask Comet?

Not from Comet, but generally the manufacturers look after the machine under manufacturers warranty periods and aftersales teams look after extended retail warranties.

Reply to
Lurch

I bought a dishwasher from Comet and had an engineer out twice, once within the year, once just before the two year warrenty expired. Both times a Bosch engineer came out. Two repairs in two years on the top-of-the-range (well nearly) machine, however, is not great!

Reply to
Chuck Chops-Celery

On 21 Oct 2005 12:02:02 -0700, "Chuck Chops-Celery" scrawled:

Depends what the problems were, why there were problems in the first place and the ratio of faulty machines:non faulty machines to make that comment worth anything at all.

Also depends on your definition of "top of the range" and how long ago this was, (obviously more than 2 years).

Reply to
Lurch

Don't get me wrong I like Bosch. Top of the range = Logixx. It was one from the top of the then current range . Age of machine, two and a half years, so still nearly new as far as I'm concerned. First problem leak, second problem electronics.

Reply to
Chuck Chops-Celery