Bosch SGS5312 diswasher appears dead

Hello all

I'm after some help. As the subject said, my dishwasher has given up the ghost.

Here is the sequence of events:

  1. After the washer not being on for 2 weeks (holiday) it was loaded up and set to go in the early morning using the delay feature.
  2. My wife gets up in the morning, hearing an "odd" noise from the machine (apparently a bit like it was washing or draining but slower - I didn't hear it myself).
  3. She turns off the machine.
  4. She turns on the machine - all is apparently now dead, nothing on the LCD display, no lights.

The washer looks like it had completed the wash and rise cycle as the stuff was clean, but it did still have water in it, i'm thinking it had died/stuck in the dry cycle.

I have had a look at the washer, a relay on the control board had a badly burned contact and a couple of the other contact on the same relay were dry. After re-soldering them, no change.

I've had the machine out and had a look at the components under the washer (designed for serviceability NOT), and can's see anything obvious.

One other thing, you can just here a relay activating on the control board when you turn on the power, nothing else though no lights or sounds.

Any ideas anyone? I could try a new control board, but at £100 I'd like to be sure that's it.

Thanks

Steven

Reply to
Steven Langdale