Bosch dishwasher powder compartment problem

There's still the opportunity cost though of the next best alternative forgone.

If the dishwasher wasn't spending her time washing dishes she could be out on the streets earning real money.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes, I wasn't trying to be accurate here, only to point out that there is a cost and it's not negligible.

Convenience. One thing to put in and forget about it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I didn't actually mean "on the streets..."

Owain

Reply to
Owain

hmmm :(

...works with clothes washing stuff tho' ;-)

Reply to
Si

In message , Andy Hall writes

to emphasise their innate purity in comparison with the ignorant brute they are marrying?

Reply to
Si

Err.. yes.... something like that. At least that's what she told me to say.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Believe it or not I run 2 Bosch dishwashers plumbed in and running, the latest came "Free" with a new kitchen. The older one, installed in a utility room is probably 10+ years old and comes in handy at Christmas and birthday parties.

At some time (many moons ago) on the then current dishwasher the detergent dispenser door started refusing to latch closed because a little plastic "snib" had worn away/broken off. The whole assembly had to be changed, this did have the large wirewound china resistor arrangement I described. Whether it was the oldest Bosch or an even earlier predecessor machine of unknown provenance I cannot at this stage recall.

However, if a part is represented on a circuit diagram as rectangular box, and described as an actuator I am inclined to believe that no more precise concise description exists. This would be the case for the heating element / bimetallic strip arrangement, but not so in the case of an electromagnet, which could just be described as a "Detergent door solenoid" and shown on the diagram as a coil. The resistor contraption has some advantages in that it has an inherent delay that can to a certain extent be set at the design stage thus eliminating the need to cater for this in the programmer. Note that the rinse aid dispenser is always IME a solenoid.

AIUI there are only two or three manufacturers of dishwashers in Europe. You can see this just by walking round a showroom, and companies affix their own badges, so what you actually get (and how it works) at any one time may vary.

I see on some of the parts websites that Bosch seems to share parts with Neff and Zannussi.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Could well be. But the 'as I recall' part of what I wrote is from my memory of what I found when I took it apart a couple of years ago. I may not remember correctly, of course...!

The important bit is that this particular part can be bought separately; I know someone (I've forgotten who) said you had to change the whole assembly. I suspect that worn plastic does mean you have to change the whole thing unless a DIY solution can be found.

Reply to
Bob Eager