Boomer on Boomer strife on roads of Medway today

I was taking the kids on their daily Government-issue Exercise earlier when the most amusing thing happened.

Strolling down the road on the home-straight, an old girl (60s) was coming the other way towards us. With about 30 metres left to go before she got to us, and long before I had a chance to think about hauling the kids right over to the left, she turned 90 degrees and walked into the road to go around us. Fair enough, I thought, whatever makes her happy. Totally unnecessary, though, as the path (including grass verge) is a good 10 foot across at that point, but whatever, who cares?

Anyway, she was only in the road for a few seconds before I heard an oncoming car lean on their horn. I turned and this car was still a good 20 or 25 metres away but they kept coming, leaning on the horn at the old girl in the road. The driver of the car was also an old girl (60s). It then quickly became a Mexican Stand Off of sorts, but at speed, as the bird in the road refused to get back on the path, screaming about social distancing, and the bird in the car in return refused to slow down or change course. It was a hairy few seconds but they passed by each other with centimetres to spare, but loads of cuss words from both parties were exchanged. They weren?t chavs, either; both were your typical Final Salary Boomer types.

It?s a sign that times are getting hard when the Boomers turn on each other.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 17:07:49 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole snipped-for-privacy@stephenthomascole.com wrote: <...>

You seem to, desperately. "Younger than thou"? One of your few claims to fame?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I remember being 40 like cole and thinking I was imortal as well.....

Reply to
Jinky ...

yoof fades and age is collected ....

Reply to
Jinky ...

Even sadder when you think it important to post such things.

BTW, the majority of kids out with parents can't be trusted to keep their distance from others. Those old enough to understand and do so don't go for a walk with daddy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Some do and in fact make their parents do it properly.

Reply to
John_j

When we were out on our exercise today we randomly stumbled across one of my eldest?s school friends, up a tree! He hollered at us as we walked past and my boy immediately shinned up the tree and then climbed out to a limb on the opposite side, well in excess of social distancing requirements. They sat and had a good chat for a while.

Reply to
Stephen Cole