Boiler Mounting

My current boiler is a Worcester Highflow Heatslave which is floor standing. It is installed in an airing cupboard.

Ever mindful that it was made in 1987, I want to be ready for when it does need replacing by having some options in mind.

I am concerned that many boilers are wall mounted and I fear that the airing cupboard compartment is not going to be strong enough to carry a weight. It is only made of double plasterboard - spaced with off-cuts.

Are there many floor standing boilers to choose from - or could a metal frame be made to carry the weight of a wall mounted one down to the floor?

The current boiler is rated at 23Kw.

Reply to
John

Modern boilers that are floor standing would be much greater power output or perhaps oil-fired. Modern combi or system boilers often only weigh about 30kg so should be ok on a stud wall if the mounting bracket is screwed to the actual wood.

Reply to
Old Bill

I believe the new Worcester Bosch wall mounted boilers are mounted on a metal frame which they call a "jig".

More information can be found on the W/B web site...

RedOnRed

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:57:12 GMT, "John" strung together this:

No outside wall then? I'd stick a sheet of ply on the wall with a layer of plasterboard on front. Sorted.

If you're still unsure, let someone else do the job.

Reply to
Lurch

They still make a floor standing boiler with internal thermal store s

it's not an issue

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker