Wall Boilers - How low can you go?

I'm starting to look at heating only boilers that might replace my floor standing Thorn M44/54.

There seems to be much more choice of wall hung heating only boilers than floor standing models. Provided I allow sufficient service room around a wall hung boiler and comply with flue terminal location rules etc, is there any reason why this sort of boiler cannot be mounted near to floor level? My current pipework emerges from the wall at around waist height.

I realise the controls and display will be less conveniently located but do any other issues come to mind?

tia

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The bottom of my Baxi Solo is only about 6" off the deck - and that hasn't caused any problems in almost 20 years!

The installation manual specifies a minimum clearance of 100mm at the bottom for "case removal, spanner access and air movement".

See what the manual for your proposed boiler says.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Condensate waste - you may need to pump it if it can't fall away by gravity. More seriously pressure-relief discharge pipework if you really mean a system rather than heating-only boiler and the outside ground level is higher than the inside.

Reply to
John Stumbles

A pro point is any leaks will be nearer ground level. also easier to get to parts near the top of the boiler. However, working on the electrics and plumbing under the heat exchanger will be a pain!

Reply to
<me9