Boiler cuts intermitently

Hi,

I have an ideal response 120 boiler that has just developed a fault of the burner light quitting then re-igniting totaly at random times. This happens both in the hot water and heating modes,

could it be faulty pcb or flame detector (both replaced 9 months ago similar prob) or should i look elsewhere ?

any help much appreciated.

nige

Reply to
Nigel Day

Check the temperature sensors, also the flame sensor is dry (no leaks of water ingress)

Reply to
John

Thanks john.

as i said the problem is intermitant, i wonder if its a sign of temp sensor failure?

cheers.

Reply to
Nigel Day

I was thinking moisture in the connection(s) - sometimes visible I have had an occasion where a Response started weeping water into the heat exchanger (internal corrosion) then it caused condensation within the casing

Reply to
John

on examining the burner assembly, ignitor and flame detector there doesnt appear to be any moisture and no damage but signs of some corrosion (brown deposits). where would you suggest i look?

hope you dont mind all the questions:)

thanks again

Reply to
Nigel Day

You switched on the "keep hot" feature? :-)

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

SNIP

Without seeing the deposits its not easy to say but it could be they are showing some lower than expected resistance and upsetting the flame rectification detector. Geoff might be able to offer some input here?

Reply to
John

would if i could :)

Reply to