Boiler Commissioning Certificate

Could any esteemed member of this group give me an accurate answer to this question, please.

We recently had an extension built. Part of the work carried out was to move our existing boiler to a new location, this also meant fitting a new gas supply.

The man from building control told me that we needed a certificate from the heating engineers. The heating engineers say we don't as it is an existing boiler that has only moved.

Who is right?

My vote is for the building control guys.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Dan

Reply to
danw

Don't know for sure but I suspect that you're right. I'm petty sure, for example, that you're not officially allowed to move an old inefficient boiler because it counts as a re-install, and has to meet the latest regs.

(This my first attempt at posting from Android tablet, using Groundhog - so fingers crossed!

Reply to
Roger Mills

My understanding is that moving a boiler counts the same as installing it from scratch. Hence it would need the installer (assuming its not you) to provide notification to the LABC via Gas Safe. The boiler would also need to meet current standards for minimum efficiency etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Apart from the double sig sep, looks fine here...

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks. yes, I noticed that. I presume that Groundhog must insert a "-- " so that I don't need to.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks for your help everyone. Much appreciated.

Dan

Reply to
danw

The BCO is correct. In any case he is the one who can cause you grief if you don't!

Reply to
Peter Crosland

The regs mention "replacement" boiler and so while BCO interference may be required in some aspects of installation, I don't see a rule to stipulate a "new" boiler, that isn't a replacement boiler?

Reply to
Fredxx